Friday, November 19, 2010

Finding My Way Back...



For the nth time I’m going to give blogging (reading & writing) another try. First, I stopped reading blogs at home not because I don’t enjoy it anymore; on the contrary, I enjoy it a lot…too much that I could just sit in front of my computer for hours. It was a good habit that I tried to control before it goes bad. Why, because it started to keep me from doing my chores! You know, the ever heroic cleaning of the house, cooking, laundry and homeschool. The latter was the main reason I have to limit my me-and-my-computer time.  At first I did it as part of the things I had to give up for lent. After 40 days,  I went back to reading my favorite blogs during my spare time at work but most of them have been blocked. I do miss reading some of my favorites. I haven’t been to most these sites for ages now. Its like losing touch with friends. Mind you, I have secretly called them friends. These are extraordinary ladies I’ve come to admire from afar.  They keep me entertained, informed, inspired and they bring me closer to “home”.  I just need to go back to my good old habit, schedule it if I have to but definitely, I gotta do what I enjoy doing. Life’s too short; let’s enjoy it, in a clean, healthy and fun way of course.
So lets see…what have I been up to? Like I have been missed, hah! Since it’s been a good 10 months since I last posted something here, I can’t really go that far back or you’d be bored to death. Ergo, the succeeding posts are just tidbits of the more memorable and significant events in our lives. And since I have recovered, thankfully, most of my pictures, I am going to posts some photos, too. That is if I can relearn how to post them in a faster and more efficient way. Calling out to the experts in posting photos, please help! :D 
Family time at Orlando
We spent four glorious days in Orlando, FL. Oh it was so much fun, albeit short. The temperature was in the oppressive mid 90’s! It was very hot but we didn't let it spoil our vacation. We were supposed to go there with our very good friends, the K’s from Maryland. Unfortunately, they cancel the last minute due to work. Actually, they were the only reason why we planned this vacation. Past experience made us dread going to theme parks during hot summer time. The “ber” months would have been the ideal time to go when its much cooler. But since we already made arrangements with a resort and since we have used this vacation a million times as a way to get things done with Benedict  (not bribery but more like a reward system, thank you very much) :D we had to keep our part of the deal. So off we go even if I was a bit under the weather.  We spent a day each at the Universal Studios and at the Islands of Adventure, just the three of us in what turned out to be a hot, sweaty, tiring yet most awesome, fun and memorable summer ever.  

First stop, Universal Studios!


A die-hard Harry Potter fan :D


I must admit, B, did a good job in taking this picture.



yeah!!!


Some kind tourist offered to take our photo...glad we had our hair done that day! :D


Shrek and Fiona's adopted son :D


Very funny, Shrek!


Ah, Dippin Dots ice cream...taste like heaven on this hot summer day!


Street dancing


Philippines, my native land, oh how I miss you! 
So happy to see my country's flag in Universal Studious


Day 2 @ Islands of Adventure

Lurking behind those trees is a....





T-Rex!  RUN!


The highlight for this vacation... THE WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER!

Hogwarts

Hedwig, Harry's owl :D

A trip to Hogsmead

Remembrall and Firebolt

Can't wait to go visit this place again!









Till we Meet Again...







One of the things I’m so thankful to God for in this life are real good friends. I don’t really plan on being friends with anybody. I believe they just happen.  In the different stages of our lives, we always have somebody who is there for us for one reason or another. These friends are there to support and to inspire us to become a better person, mother, spouse, or friend. They touch our lives in so many ways they don’t even know. Just like this lovely family whom we have come to know and love. Teri & John are one of the most beautiful couples I know. They’ve raised four very smart, talented and very well mannered kids.  The youngest of the brood, J, is Benedict’s best friend.  B cried buckets when he learned they were moving. I pray they would remain friends and hope that someday we will all meet again. I am grateful for the way they love B.  Unfortunately for us, just as we become closer as friends, their family had to relocate. Sigh!  My good friend Teri and I had a good cry over it. We promised to keep in touch and keep our friendship in spite the distance. Before they left, I had the priviledge of doing their family portrait. I didn’t have to do much, they were so easy to photograph. The black and white portrait turned out good, not because I did it but because they were just naturally amazing. The love and bond they have as a family came out so beautifully in the photos. I only had to click the button.


Spanish moss as background


Lovely family...all so photogenic


Miss this bunch a lot


Best friends forever


They look so different yet so alike in a lot of ways :D

2 comments:

Aileen 10:07 AM  

Hi Jan! Glad you are blogging again! And what an awesome entry to start this blog rolling once more! Love those happy pictures.

PS. The family portraits you took, they're amazing! Isn't it quite heartbreaking to say goodbye to friends?

janNtouch 11:35 AM  

Hi Aileen! You just made my day! You inspire me in so many ways you just don't know it! Thank you so much! :D

Labels

About This Blog

of fins, shin guards and everything in between...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP