Friday, January 15, 2010

BACK INTO THE SWING OF THINGS

Photobucket
   Benedict doing serious studying :D


Our first two weeks back to (home) school went fine; in fact better than I anticipated. There was not much resistance from the student body. Benedict and I were actually both excited to be learning new things. You think third grade is easy? Try teaching it. The challenge is to do it to the level of a third grader, making sure he understands the lesson well and not just memorize the answers. To train him to think, not just prepare him for the exam. I have noticed he doesn’t complain as much anymore, the assessments are done quicker giving us time to watch our now favorite show, Food Network.  Since we don’t have cable, we go online and watch the shows thru the FN website. Both of us are crazy over Cake Boss and Ace of Cakes. He’d sit close by me as, our eyes glued on the 13in screen of my laptop. This has become one of our bonding times. Yesterday he declared he wants to learn how to bake a cake. Home Economics 101 is now included in our 3rd grade curriculum, haha!


Photobucket
Benedict, happy with Mikael & Gabrielle

The world is our classroom...there are so many things to discover and learn. I will be taking some classes myself which I'm very, very excited. I started this year with a DO IT, THEN TALK promise to myself and that's what I'm doing. Until I can show results, I cannot talk and blog about it. Or until I can help it? Year 2010 is definitely going to be crazy exciting. I've had  enough of  being depressed about the economic crunch, recession and prices going up. It's time to change, time to do something positive, something for personal growth, something that will allow me better serve my God and my family. Let's walk the talk.

2 comments:

linnor 6:26 AM  

hi jan! this post is so inspiring. :) i think homeschooling benedict is doing you both a lot of good. good job!

janNtouch 8:58 AM  

hi Linnor,

Thanks, Linnor! My prayer is that Benedict will continue to appreciate us teaching him at home.

Now, if only I could lose weight doing both work & homeschooling! LOL ! On some days, I could really use a good foot/body massage :D

Labels

About This Blog

of fins, shin guards and everything in between...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP