Wednesday, October 21, 2009


FAITHFULLY WAITING...



One afternoon after a soccer game...


For almost two years now, Glenn worked as PRN in the hospital Im working. Why just per diem? It's because there is no opening for a full time job position. It worked fine with us especially that we didn't change the way we live since he started working. But not until recently when we learned that our hospital needed to make some changes to address the effects of the tough economy the country is experiencing now. The hospital needs to cut down on its expenses like everyone else. This includes limiting the use of supplemental staff. So we took the hint.

Yesterday, Glenn had a job interview in one of the neighboring hospitals here located an hour away :D Okay, "neighboring" is relative. That happens when there are only two hospitals in one area thus all the other hospitals within the 50-100 mile radius is considered "neighboring". It was a peaceful drive going there, we saw a lot of cotton fields which Benedict called "marshmallow fields" (he thinks you can grow marshmallows like:) , several grazing cows, ducks in a pond, old towns, railroad tracks, etc. No traffic at all. In fact if you share the road with another car, you can say "oi, traffic man!", haha.

The hospital was not hard to find, it was relatively small, should not be that busy, Glenn thought and the people seemed nice. He talked to the manager who was so kind to tell him to discuss the offer with me. The hours they offered him is from 130Pm-10Pm. That means he will be driving for an hour in going home each night...in the dark, deserted hi-way, no more grazing cows and such. This is way more than my heart can take. Not to mention the fact that he would be gone for most part of the day leaving me to homeschool and to drive Benedict to swimming and soccer practice each afternoon. Look, I may be growing sideways now but I do need to sleep before I go to work at night (sounds pretty reasonable, right?). I can just imagine us meeting in the parking lot, nightly for a quick hello and goodbye kiss. Now, do we really want that kind of hurried life? Not so appealing to me, I tell you. Even with the additional income (think canon 50mm f/1.2 , etc) its not worth the risk and the stress.

So the three of us had a meeting last night to decide whether we want DG to accept the job. The answer was a unanimous NO. For now, he will just have to continue doing PRN job while they still need him. Maybe no canon lenses (yet) but at least I get to sleep peacefully.

We have decided to patiently and faithfully wait for the right opportunity to come.

So help us God :D


2 comments:

linnor 11:24 AM  

Benedict has grown much :) Wow, time flies. I sure hope everything turns out great for you and Glenn. Keep the faith.

GOD bless!

janNtouch 12:22 PM  

Hi Linnor,

Thanks! Glad to hear from you! I thought I lost you for awhile until I found your new website :D Best regards to everyone. Hi Ninong Jerry :D !

Labels

About This Blog

of fins, shin guards and everything in between...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP