THE OTHER MAN IN MY LIFE
He is a very simple man with very simple needs
He never saw a need to spend so much on material things
But to dream big for his children, that he did!
Once he said he wanted me to become a doctor
So he can go to America, to vIsit disney and see the snow
Little did he know that what he had was the dream I had, too.
He was my very first art teacher, taught me how to spell and write
He was there when I first learned how to ride a bike
Cheered for me as I pedal and picked me up as I fell
After I stopped crying he then tellls me "lets try it again"
He has this big wide grin when he climbs up the stage
Proud for the ribbons and medals that I earn
Through my success and failures in life he has been there for me
Even when I was heartbroken, he felt my pain and cried silently
When I decided to quit med school, I know it broke his heart
He had believed and worked so hard but I failed on my part
The dream of being a doctor was far from becoming a reality
But never once did he show how dissapointed he was in me
All he wants is for me to learn my lesson, to get up and get going
To follow my heart and be guided by God with my decisions
As I decided to pursue my profession
I know he was happy when finally I told him
Papa, I’m leaving for America to follow "our" dream
He is a very simple man with very simple needs
He never saw a need to spend so much on material things
But to dream big for his children, that he did!
Once he said he wanted me to become a doctor
So he can go to America, to vIsit disney and see the snow
Little did he know that what he had was the dream I had, too.
He was my very first art teacher, taught me how to spell and write
He was there when I first learned how to ride a bike
Cheered for me as I pedal and picked me up as I fell
After I stopped crying he then tellls me "lets try it again"
He has this big wide grin when he climbs up the stage
Proud for the ribbons and medals that I earn
Through my success and failures in life he has been there for me
Even when I was heartbroken, he felt my pain and cried silently
When I decided to quit med school, I know it broke his heart
He had believed and worked so hard but I failed on my part
The dream of being a doctor was far from becoming a reality
But never once did he show how dissapointed he was in me
All he wants is for me to learn my lesson, to get up and get going
To follow my heart and be guided by God with my decisions
As I decided to pursue my profession
I know he was happy when finally I told him
Papa, I’m leaving for America to follow "our" dream
0 comments:
Post a Comment