Life Coach
It was April 26, 2008... we were in Americus for the 10th Annual South Georgia Cup. Benedict participated in four events. DG & I were so excited to see how he would fare on that day. The goal is to beat his own time and have loads of fun! Getting a ribbon was just the bonus. Of course we wanted B to finish first but to see him improve on his time was far more important at this point. Self-improvement is in fact an accomplishment in itself!
Scheduled on that same day @ 2pm was the Couples For Christ (CFC) Assembly, I was told by our leader that I will be "sharing" that afternoon, and realizing that we might not make it in time since the swim meet was about an hour drive, I declined. But the meet was finished earlier than we expected, in fact we had more than enough time to go home for a quick change, then drive to the church for the assembly. DG was asking me if I was prepared to share, since we will be there in time, I would surely be asked to speak. Now sometimes this is done on a voluntary basis -:) but this time I am tasked to do it. Ok, times like this, I do get nervous, what will I talk about? Guilty of thinking about impressing other people, I thought I need to come up with something smart, witty, funny things to say! But the more I thought about it, the more I got nervous...then I started to pray. I said "Lord, I am going to stand in front of other people today in order to witness your presence in my life, you have blessed me so much and I am very grateful for everything you have given me, but I am at a loss for words. I humbly come before you and I am asking you to make me an instrument of your love, enlighten my mind and heart and let me know what you want me to share. Take away this pride, prejudice and fear of being criticized". Right there and then, the swimming competition that B just did, flashed before me and with a message loud and clear! But it did not only involved B, it involved also Coach Jeanne, the assistant coach of FRR who has been working with our little boy! In all of B's events that day, she was all out in cheering for him, she was so focused on B, telling him to "go, push, come on you can do it, way to go and I am so proud of you!" Her eyes were on B and him alone! And in an instant it hit me. Thats the message God wants me to share! I didnt have to look far, all along He was showing to me thru swimming, thru Coach Jeanne! How could I not notice it right away, it was not until I called onto Him! He is my Life Coach! The greatest coach of all times! And He is on me one on one, 24/7! As I dive thru life, He urges us to push forward. There are times when I swim against the current, I struggle, I get tired, God lovingly tells "my child, go on, you can do it!" And when I feel like drowning, He pulls me close to Him and say "good try, now lets practice some more in life. Empty your heart and let me teach you, unload all baggages so you will feel lighter".
Scheduled on that same day @ 2pm was the Couples For Christ (CFC) Assembly, I was told by our leader that I will be "sharing" that afternoon, and realizing that we might not make it in time since the swim meet was about an hour drive, I declined. But the meet was finished earlier than we expected, in fact we had more than enough time to go home for a quick change, then drive to the church for the assembly. DG was asking me if I was prepared to share, since we will be there in time, I would surely be asked to speak. Now sometimes this is done on a voluntary basis -:) but this time I am tasked to do it. Ok, times like this, I do get nervous, what will I talk about? Guilty of thinking about impressing other people, I thought I need to come up with something smart, witty, funny things to say! But the more I thought about it, the more I got nervous...then I started to pray. I said "Lord, I am going to stand in front of other people today in order to witness your presence in my life, you have blessed me so much and I am very grateful for everything you have given me, but I am at a loss for words. I humbly come before you and I am asking you to make me an instrument of your love, enlighten my mind and heart and let me know what you want me to share. Take away this pride, prejudice and fear of being criticized". Right there and then, the swimming competition that B just did, flashed before me and with a message loud and clear! But it did not only involved B, it involved also Coach Jeanne, the assistant coach of FRR who has been working with our little boy! In all of B's events that day, she was all out in cheering for him, she was so focused on B, telling him to "go, push, come on you can do it, way to go and I am so proud of you!" Her eyes were on B and him alone! And in an instant it hit me. Thats the message God wants me to share! I didnt have to look far, all along He was showing to me thru swimming, thru Coach Jeanne! How could I not notice it right away, it was not until I called onto Him! He is my Life Coach! The greatest coach of all times! And He is on me one on one, 24/7! As I dive thru life, He urges us to push forward. There are times when I swim against the current, I struggle, I get tired, God lovingly tells "my child, go on, you can do it!" And when I feel like drowning, He pulls me close to Him and say "good try, now lets practice some more in life. Empty your heart and let me teach you, unload all baggages so you will feel lighter".
Did He not say
"Cast your burdens upon me,
Those who are heavily laden
Come to me all of you who are tired
Of carrying heavy loads
For the yoke
I will give you is easy
And My burden is light
Come to Me and I will give you rest."
He focuses His attention on me, He doesnt care if others are faster (or prettier, smarter or richer), what He cares the most is that in everything I do I give it my best & do it for Him. And that I constantly strive to improve myself so I can be an encouragement to others! He teaches me the techniques thru his words and to breathe in His mercy and find strength in his love. Now tell me who can beat that? And you know what else dear friends, my God can be your life coach, too! He accepts everyone who wants to be on His team! Never swim thru life without Him! I may not get my trophy here on earth but I'm pretty sure my God will hand it to me in Heaven and He will say:
"Well, done my child, Im proud of you!"
0 comments:
Post a Comment